Bulletin 12 (Spring 1993)Download
Accounts of Recent Conferences Sponsored or Co-Sponsored by the Institute
- "Germany and the West in the 19th and 20th Centuries. Part 1: Transatlantic Relationships." Lübeck, November 18-21, 1992. Conveners: Michael Salewski and Hartmut Lehmann.
- "Begriffsgeschichte." Washington, D.C., December 18, 1992. Conveners: Hartmut Lehmann and Melvin Richter.
- "The Growth of Aggressive Nationalism: Foreigners and Anti-Foreigner Attitudes in Germany." Washington, D.C., February 5, 1993. Conveners: Hartmut Keil andDietmar Schirmer.
Research in Progress at the Institute
- "'The Consent of the Governed': Studies in the History of Suffrage and Disfranchisement in the United States." (Manfred Berg)
- "Exploitation by Integration: Intellectual Reparations or Scientific Transfer? The Use of German Technology and Scientists by the Allied Forces after 1945 in Electronics, Optics, and Precision Mechanics." (Matthias Judt)
- "German Immigrants and African Americans in Mid-NineteenthCentury America: A Study in Group Interaction." (Hartmut Keil)
- "The Meaning of Political Institutions: Political Culture and Institutional
- Configurations in Germany and the United States." (Dietmar Schirmer)
- "Emigration from Thuringia to the United States in the Second Half of the Nineteenth Century." (Ulrike Skorsetz)
- "A Social History of Household Trash in the United States." (Susan Strasser)
- "The Edition of the Diaries of David Zeisberger." (Carola Wessel)